Be found by your ideal employer.
- Metro New York & Southern Connecticut HERC
- About Metro New York & Southern Connecticut HERC
- Regional Information
- Jobseeker Resources
- Resources for Member Institutions
- Information for Prospective Member Institutions
- Diversity Resources
- Information for Partners & Prospective Partners
- Contact New York & Southern Connecticut HERC
Search Results for Metro New York & Southern Connecticut HERC
Founded in 1939, LIM College is a unique higher education institution focused exclusively on the study of business and fashion. Our urban campus is situated within five buildings in Manhattan, in the heart of New York City. LIM College currently offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program with concentrations in Fashion Management and Entrepreneurship, Master of Professional Studies (MPS) degrees in Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management and Fashion Marketing, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees in Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Marketing and Management, as well as Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS), Associate of Applied Science (AAS), and Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) degrees in Fashion Merchandising. LIM College is an accredited member of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and its business programs are accredited by ACBSP.
A comprehensive benefits package includes hospitalization, medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and a 401K plan.
Big City/Small Classes
LIM College’s unique culture is a function of its location in a major city, balanced by small class size and personalized educational philosophy. At LIM College, students get the best of both worlds.
Students at LIM College are diverse in every sense: economically, socially, racially, ethnically, and in terms of academic capability. LIM College is committed to accommodating students with different learning styles and abilities. The new Honors Program offers outstanding opportunities for the “best of the best” and offers an environment where academic leaders can excel.
New York City is Your Campus
With access to everything New York City has to offer— from industry experience to cultural resources—LIM
College students have “24/7” educational opportunities. The College’s midtown Manhattan campus—four buildings on and around Fifth Avenue—is located in the heart of the world’s foremost center of retailing, and plays a vital role in students’ cultural experience and education.
An Accessible President
An extremely accessible president, Liz Marcuse is an effective leader who is a familiar figure to students.
She keeps an open-door policy and will teach classes on occasion as well. She is a visible, friendly presence on campus—one of the many LIM College faculty and administrators who knows numerous students.
An Intimate Community
While LIM College is growing by leaps and bounds, it is still a small community. Despite its recent growth, the College has maintained a very low faculty/student ratio of 8:1. People know each other’s names at LIM College, and even casual visitors pick up on a sense of interconnectedness.
LIM College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College does not discriminate in its employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
College campuses come in many varieties. Some have ivy-covered buildings and football stadiums. Others, like LIM College, blend into the city. Our students report that all of New York City feels like an extended campus, but they also express affection for the four locations where they attend classes and catch up with friends.
The College’s flagship building – The Townhouse at 12 East 53rd Street – is just a few blocks from Bendel’s, Bergdorf Goodman, the Museum of Modern Art, and so much more. Fifth Avenue (545 Fifth Avenue at 45th Street) places you at the center of the action along one of world’s most famous thoroughfares. Maxwell Hall (at 216 East 45th Street) was recently expanded and includes our Center for Graduate Studies, the College bookstore, and Good to Go Organics cafe. And The Center for Career Management – a comprehensive resource for one of the most important elements of an LIM College education - is housed at 226 East 54th Street.
LIM College offers an intimate, supportive setting and our professors and administrative staff members recognize and respect the diversity of students’ needs and learning styles. If and when problems arise, solutions are never far behind.
LIM College educates and prepares students in the businesses of fashion merchandising, visual merchandising, marketing and management through an integrated, experiential and creative approach utilizing the classroom, internships, and the fashion industry at large.
LIM College fosters understanding of the relevant issues facing industry and the global community, engaging students in a concentrated professional program, while simultaneously providing them with a solid foundation in liberal arts.
In support of this mission, LIM College's goals are:
- To maintain dynamic and responsive curricula by creating courses and degree programs that reflect the changing needs of industry
- To foster student creativity and achievement through innovative methods in a highly personal learning environment
- To develop our students' analytical and communication skills to inspire intellectual curiosity and help them achieve their maximum potential
- To equip students with the technological training and informational skills necessary to succeed in a dynamic business world
- To provide LIM College students with a wide range of work experiences, professional development and life-long career placement services through partnerships with fashion and related industries
- To encourage ethical behavior and leadership among all members of the college community
- To promote diversity among faculty, staff, and students for an enriched educational experience
- To provide a supportive social environment and a wealth of cultural opportunities that cultivate personal and academic growth